Projects are grouped by Domain. A domain contains a group of related projects and assists you in organizing and managing a large number of projects. Each domain contains a Projects folder and a Template Projects folder to organize your projects and template projects.
You can add new domains to Site Administration. You organize projects in the Projects list by domain.
To Create a Domain:
- In Site Administration, click the Site Projects tab.
- Click the Create Domain button. The Create Domain dialog box opens.
- Type a Domain Name and click OK. The new domain is added to the Projects list in alphabetical order. In the right pane, under Directories, you can view the location of the domain.
- To add a person’s name as a contact when there are questions or problems with the domain or its projects, click the Contact Name link. In the Set Contact Name dialog box, type the name of the contact person and click OK.
- To add the email address of the contact person for the domain, click the Contact Email link. In the Set Contact Email dialog box, type the email address and click OK.
- To change the number of users allowed to connect concurrently to the domain, click the User Quota link. The Domain User Quota dialog box opens.
- Choose Maximum Connections and type the maximum number of concurrent connections allowed. Click OK.
- To select a default database server when creating projects in the domain, select a default database server from the Default DB Server list.
To start working in ALM, you need to create a project. A project collects and stores data relevant to the application management process. You can select from the following:
- Create an empty project
- Create a project based on a template project
- Copy the contents of an existing project to a new project
You can also create a template project. You can link a template project to other projects to enable cross project customization. For more information, see Cross Project Customization.
After you create a project, you can add and remove users from the project.