UFT can be used to automate web based and windows based client-server applications. However, it doesn’t support all technologies by default. For an extended support, we need to load the corresponding add–in.
For instance, if you were to automate an application based on Java technology, you will have to load Java add–in.
[UFT Add-Ins are software provided by HP that needs to be installed on a machine where UFT is installed – to support a corresponding technology.]
Quick Test Professional comes with 3 add-ins by default –
- Visual Basic
All-in-all UFT Supports:
- Oracle apps
- Terminal Emulators (Unix, Mainframes)
- Power Builder
- Visual Age
- Web Services
- Flex (By Adobe)
- Shunra VE Desktop Professional for WAN emulation (By Shunra)
Mobile Add-on for UFT
The add-on enables to use UFT only (as a standalone tool) for mobile testing. You can now test on real mobile devices using UFT; the same way you use it to test web or desktop applications:
- Use UFT recorder.
- Use UFT object Spy.
- Use UFT command auto-completion.
- Receive the reports in UFT reporting tab Inc screenshots what happened to the device.
- Tested on local or remote (Cloud) devices.
- Supports iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry devices.
- Support Web and Native recognition.
- Support QTP 11,11.5 and UFT 12,12.5
Download Link: http://experitest.com/download/uft-add-on/